The Ron Paul campaign is running a student event in Iowa. Here's an excerpt from their press release:
What to bring:I don't know what's more disturbing. The fact that Ron Paul apparently has to remind his student supporters to leave their guns at home, the fact that guns aren't filed under "obvious things," or the fact that Ron Paul thinks that there are 10 days in a week. Even Lyndon LaRouche supporters know to leave their guns at home.
Think in the context of staying in a heated cabin (boy scout/church camp), in Iowa in January (cold/snow), and during the day you’ll be walking door to door.
Week 1 = 10 days, week 2= 9 days
- Student ID to verify you are a student
- Warm/Nice Clothes (gloves, scarf, hat, etc. and you will be representing Ron Paul to Iowans, don’t be a slob)
- Comfortable shoes (lots of walking, possibly in the snow)
- Pillow, sheets, warm blanket (all you get is a mattress, but cabins are heated)
- Bathroom supplies (tooth brush, deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc.) - Medication
- Laptop, Portable DVD player, Ipod, cards
- Your best answer to why you are supporting Ron Paul and why Iowans should too!
What NOT to bring:
- All the obvious things
- Guns, knives, fireworks
- Large banners, signs