Friday, February 8, 2008

Prophetic Episode from the Simpsons

Hey everyone, who does this remind you of?

Ned: Since the police can't seem to get off their duff-a-roonies to do something about this burglar-ino, I propose we start out own neighborhood watch (pause) aroony! (everyone cheers) Now, who should lead the group?

Man: You!

Everyone: (cheering again) Flanders! Flanders! Flanders!

Ned: Well, I don't have much experience, but I'd be--

Moe: Someone else!

Ned: (more cheers) Someone else! Someone else! Someone else!

Homer: I'm someone else!

Lenny: He's right!

Homer: We don't need a thinker, we need a doer! Someone who'll act without considering the consequences!
And we all know how well that turned out.

Of course, I'm sure that more than a few Paultards will respond by citing the "It's a two party system!" Halloween special. Completely ignoring the fact that Ron Paul is a republican, and the fact that people just don't like him no matter what.

0 comments: